Chocolate & Cardamom Panna Cotta
Savour this quick and easy African-style panna cotta recipe by Reza Mahammad from Reza's African Kitchen.
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- Panna Cotta
- 220 grams Dark Chocolate, 70% Solids
- 400 millilitres Whipping Cream
- 200 millilitres Milk
- 100 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom, ground
- 3 Gelatine leaves
- Rose Syrup
- 6 tablespoons Rose Syrup
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom, ground
- 1 Lime, zests and juice of
- To Serve
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios, slivered
- Rose petals
- Mint Leaves
- Melt the chocolate with the cream, milk and sugar in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pot of simmering water.
- Once melted, whisk until the sugar dissolves then stir in the cardamom.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine leaves in cold water for five minutes. Squeeze out excess water and dissolve in the warm chocolate mixture. Pour into mould and allow to set in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Bring all the ingredients for the rose syrup to a boil with 2 tablespoon of water and then bring to the boil and then allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a jug and reserve for plating.
- Unmould the Pannacotta and place in centre of plate. Spoon around the rose syrup, arrange berries rose petals and a sprinkling of pistachio on the plate.
Share it with your friends.