Chocolate Chip Scrolls
A chocolate treat that everyone will love by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 150 millilitres milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 20 grams butter, melted
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 7 grams sachet dried yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup flour, extra, for kneading and rolling
- ¾ cup CADBURY Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 egg, extra, beaten, for glazing
- Combine the milk, vanilla, butter, sugar and yeast and set aside in a warm place for 10-15 minutes or until foamy on top.
- Add the eggs and then the flour and mix until dough almost comes together. Add sultanas then use clean hands to finish mixing to form soft dough. Turn out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Return to a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave in warm and draft free place for 1-1½ hours or until doubled in size. Knock back the dough to its original size. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out into a 30cm x 20 cm rectangle.
- Sprinkle with chocolate and then roll up from long side. Cut into 6 even pieces, place in well-greased 1/3 cup muffin pans and set aside in a warm, draft free place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 180°C for 15 minutes. Remove briefly from oven to brush with extra egg. Return to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until cooked when tested. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Share it with your friends.