Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
Try this quick and easy dessert recipe from Inspired with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 30 servings
- 3 large Egg whites at room temperature
- 200 grams granulated Sugar
- 7 grams Cornstarch
- 5 millilitres Vanilla extract
- 40 grams Cocoa powder, sifted
- 300 grams sweetened Flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (325 F) and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Whisk the egg whites with the sugar by hand in a large bowl for about a minute, until the sugar is almost dissolved and the mixture is frothy (but not a meringue). Whisk in the cornstarch and vanilla and then whisk in the cocoa powder until fully incorporated. Stir in the coconut with a spatula
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion the macaroons onto the prepared baking tray, leaving 5 cm (2-inches) between them (they will spread a little as they bake). Bake the macaroons for about 20 minutes, until the surface looks set. Leave the cookies on the tray to cool completely (they are very fragile when hot)
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week
Share it with your friends.