Chocolate Dipped Lady Fingers
Get this quick and easy chocolate dipped ladyfinger recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 60 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 36 servings
- 2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 5 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 Eggs, separated and at room temperature
- 9 tablespoons Sugar
- For dipping:
- 142 grams bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper
- Sift the flour and cornstarch together and set aside. Whip the egg yolks with 3 tablespoons of the sugar until thick and pale and they hold a ribbon when the beaters are lifted. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar until foamy, then slowly add the remaining 6 tablespoon of sugar and continue whipping until the whites hold a medium peak when the beaters are lifted
- Fold the whites into the yolk mixtures using a whisk, then fold in the flour until just incorporated. Fill a piping bag fitted with a large plain tip and pipe lady fingers onto the prepared trays that are 4-inches long and an inch apart (they will spread a little once piped). Bake for about 8 minutes, until the fingers are an even golden brown. Allow the fingers to cool completely before removing them from the trays.
- For dipping, melt the chocolate in a metal bowl place over a pot of barely simmering water and stirring until smooth. Dip each ladyfinger a third into the chocolate and place on a clean parchment-lined baking trays to set (chill for a little, if needed)
- The dipped ladyfingers should be enjoyed the day they are dipped, but undipped ladyfingers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Share it with your friends.