Chocolate Griddle Cakes with Cinnamon Peaches
Try this quick and easy chocolate griddle cake recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1+½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅔ cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon Peaches - Makes about 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl whisk buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined (a few lumps are OK). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat and grease.
- Ladle pancakes onto griddle and cook about 3 minutes, turning to cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes to a plate, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cinnamon Peaches:
- Bring butter and maple syrup up to a simmer in a large saute pan.
- Stir in cinnamon and peaches and return to a simmer.
- Serve immediately. (Great over ice cream too)
Share it with your friends.