Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce
Indulge in this simple yet delicious chocolate pancake recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 20 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda/ powder
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing pan and buttering pancakes
- ½ cup cream
- 200 grams semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- Icing sugar
- In large bowl, sift together flour, cacao, sugar, baking soda. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, melted butter, and milk. Pour liquid ingredients into dry and gently mix until batter is just moistened (there will be some lumps).
- Melt small piece of butter in large non-stick crepe pan over medium heat. Drop 2 heaped tablespoons batter in hot skillet and spread into 2 ½ inch disc. Space discs 2 inches apart. Cook until bubbles form over entire top, about 30 seconds. Using heatproof, non-stick spatula, carefully flip pancake and continue to cook until done, 15 to 30 seconds more.
- In small saucepan, heat cream to just simmering and take off the heat. Add chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Serve over pancakes with strawberries, mint and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
Share it with your friends.