The perfect dessert to pair with tea by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
- 11 servings
- 1¾ cups SR flour
- ¼ cup CADBURY BOURNVILLE Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 30 grams butter, chopped
- ¾-1 cup milk
- ½ cup CADBURY Milk Chocolate Chips
- Butter and/or jam, cream, for serving
- Sift the flour, cocoa, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, add the chocolate chips, and gently knead until just combined.
- Press out to 3-4 cm thickness and then cut into 5-6cm rounds. Place closely together on a greased baking tray. Brush the tops with some of the remaining milk and then bake in a very hot oven 220°C for 10-15 minutes. Cool briefly before serving warm.
Share it with your friends.