Chocolate Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
Try this quick and easy chocolate vanilla sandwich cookie recipe from Bake with Anna Olson.
- 30 minutes
- 8 minutes
- 24 servings
As seen on Bake With Anna Olson
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter at room temperature
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 170 grams rolling Fondant icing
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and then beat in the vanilla
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add this to the butter and stir just until blended. Divide this into 2 discs, wrap and chill until firm, at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Give the dough one or two kneads on a floured work surface to soften it (this will prevent the dough from cracking when rolling) and then roll it out to just less than 1⁄4-inch thick. Cut out cookies using a 2-inch cookie cutter and lift onto the baking trays. Any scraps can be re-rolled, and if the dough gets too soft when rolling, simply chill it for 15 minutes before rolling again
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes, until they loose any shine to them. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before removing to fill
- Roll out the fondant, using icing sugar for rolling (not flour) to just over 1/8-inch thickness and cut 2-inch circles using the same cookie cutter as for the cookies. Brush one side of the fondant with a little water and press this onto the bottom of one cookie
- Brush the other side of the fondant with a little water and place the bottom of a second cookie, pressing gently to secure the sandwich. Repeat with the remaining cookies, re- rolling the fondant if needed
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Share it with your friends.