Chopped Pork & Prawn Egg Wraps (Laa Tieng)
Savor this tasty Thai snack recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 30 minutes
- 12 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 4 Eggs
- 150 grams Pork, chopped
- 50 grams Prawns, peeled and chopped
- 2 Coriander Roots
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoon White Peppercorn
- 60 grams Roasted Peanut, chopped
- 40 grams Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Palm Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Long Red Chili, sliced to serve
- Coriander Leaf, to serve
- Grind coriander roots, garlic and white peppercorns into paste. Add 1 tablespoon of oil, mix all together and put into the pan.
- Mix minced pork and prawns together, chop it up coarsely and then add chopped onions and mix well.
- Fry the ground paste until fragrant. Add minced pork and prawn mixture, season with palm sugar and fish sauce. After cooking, put chopped peanuts and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs and strain. Heat the non-stick crepe pan, lightly brush the pan with oil. Scoop the egg mixture into the funnel and drizzle egg onto the hot crepe pan to form a net pattern. Flip the net to let it cook and transfer the cooked egg net onto the plate. Cover with banana leaf. Repeat until all egg nets have been cooked.
- Take one layer of the net, lay a thin slice of chili, coriander leaf and the fillings. Fold the sides into the center to create a square pillow and it on the serving plate, then repeat. Serve when finish.
Share it with your friends.