Get this quick and easy spaghetti bolognese recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- Stir Frying
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 1 package (450 g) of good quality spaghetti
- For The Bolognese:
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Chilli flakes
- 2 cups (500 ml) veal stock
- 454 grams (450 g) of medium fat ground beef
- 227 grams (225 g) of ground veal
- 227 grams (225 g) of ground pork
- 1½ cup (375 ml) of milk
- 1½ cup (375 ml) tomato paste
- ½ cup (125 ml) butter, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) basil, finely chopped
- Salt, pepper
- For the Garnish:
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated Pecorino cheese
- For the Bolognese:
- Heat oil in a large pan and sauté the onions and carrots until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, thyme and Chilli flakes. Sautéfor 2 more minutes. Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of veal stock into the vegetable mixture.
- Slowly add ground beef, veal and pork, stirring and adding more veal stock when necessary to keep the meat moist. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add milk and stir. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes or until half of the liquid has evaporated. Add tomato paste,remaining veal stock and continue cooking until desired thickness. Adjust seasoning
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water, about 8 minutes. Drain and mix with butter then add the sauce, chive and basil. Mix well.
- For Serving:
- Pasta, Bolognese and garnish with grated Pecorino cheese.
Share it with your friends.