Get this quick and easy Greek dip sauce recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- 20 minutes
- 1 serving
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 1 English cucumber, seeded, diced
- ½ Vidalia onion, diced
- 2 cups of low fat Greek yogurt (500 ml)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (15 ml)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup of dill, chopped (125 ml)
- ½ cup of chive (125 ml)
- Salt and pepper
- In a sieve set over a bowl, toss chopped cucumber and onions with 1 teaspoon salt. Let it drain at least 1 hour at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- With flat side of chef's knife, mash garlic with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and make a paste. Add garlic paste to the yogurt mixture with olive oil, lemon juice, dill and chive. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chopped cucumber dry with paper towels, and add to yogurt mixture.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use and serve it with fried skate chicken, burgers or as a dip for veggies.
- Cook’s Note:
- You can make your own thick yogurt by letting it sit overnight in paper towel over a sieve.
Share it with your friends.