Enjoy this quick and easy vegetarian dessert recipe by Sarah Sharratt from UpRooted.
- 3 hours 55 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 40 servings
- 397 grams good-quality dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup confectioners' Sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground Cinnamon
- 1¼ cups Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 2 to 3 Cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Pinch salt
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-safe bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar and ground cinnamon and spread in an even layer. Set both bowls aside
- Combine the cream, butter, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and strain the cream through a sieve, discarding the cinnamon stick and cardamom pods. Carefully pour the hot cream over the chocolate, add the salt and stir until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the refrigerator and let sit for about 10 minutes. Using 2 teaspoons or a melon baller, scoop small balls of chocolate and roll between your hands to form uniform balls about 1-inch in diameter. Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until completely coated. Store the truffles in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Share it with your friends.