Cinnamon Doughnut Trifles
Make cinnamon doughnuts look impressive with this recipe by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 6 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 85 grams packet raspberry jelly
- 1¼ cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 100 grams CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 6 small cinnamon doughnuts, broken into 4cm pieces
- 125 grams punnet blueberries
- 125 grams punnet raspberries
- CADBURY White Baking Chocolate, extra, shaved, for decorating
- MAKE the jelly as per packet directions and chill until set.
- HEAT the cream and milk in a saucepan until it just reaches boiling point. Whisk together the yolks, cornflour and sugar and then pour on the hot cream mixture whisking continuously. Return to the saucepan and gently cook, stirring, until thickened slightly. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate then cool for 30 minutes. (Custard may be made ahead and stored with plastic wrap pressed onto the surface, in the refrigerator until required.)
- ARRANGE the doughnut in the base of the serving glasses. Roughly chop the jelly and spoon over the doughnut. Scatter with berries, pour over custard and sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Cover and chill until required.
Share it with your friends.