Citrus Haricots Verts
Try this quick and easy green bean recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Fresh with Anna Olson
- 1 bunch fresh green beans, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 navel orange, segmented without membrane
- 1 red grapefruit, segmented without membrane
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Salt and pepper
- Trim ends from beans. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add beans and toss to coat. Add garlic and orange zest and sauté for 1 minute. Add 2/3 cup water and simmer beans uncovered until almost all the water has evaporated, about 4 minutes
- Remove beans from pan onto serving dish
- Add orange and grapefruit segments and stir gently to warm through - juices will come out. When juices begin to simmer, stir in sugar and remove from heat
- Stir in cold butter in small pieces, until melted. Season to taste and spoon over beans
- This sauce can also be used on the turkey escallope
Share it with your friends.