Classic Onion Rings
Try this quick and easy onion rings recipe by Chuck Hughes from Chuck's Day Off.
- Deep Frying
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 8 servings
As seen on Chuck's Day Off
- 1 large onion, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups of icy cold soda water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, soda water, egg, cayenne, salt and pepper. Before dipping the rings, add some ice cubes to keep the mixture very cold (it makes it better for frying).
- Dip the separated onion slices into the batter until they are all coated and set aside. Repeat with remaining rings.
- Deep fry the rings a few at a time for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt, pepper and serve.
Share it with your friends.