Classic Oyster Stew
Try this quick and easy oyster stew recipe by Michael Smith from Chef Michael's Kitchen.
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 2 servings
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Flour
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Vermouth
- 2 cups of Heavy cream
- 24 freshly shucked Oysters, with all their juices
- 1 bunch of freshly minced Tarragon
- A few grinds of Pepper
- In a medium saucepan, sauté the shallots and garlic in the butter until softened and lightly coloured, 2 to 3 minutes
- Sprinkle in the flour and salt, stirring constantly to make a thickening roux, about 2 minutes
- Splash in the vermouth and cream and simmer as they thicken, 2 or 3 minutes more
- Gently stir in the oysters, their liquor and the fresh tarragon and just barely heat the works through, just a few minutes more
- Top with fresh pepper, ladle into bowls and share immediately!
Share it with your friends.