Clear Prawn Thai Soup
Whip up this simple Thai-inspired seafood soup by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 2 servings
- 8 Chinese or button mushrooms, fresh or dried, cut into quarters
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 12 green prawns, shelled
- 4 spring onions, sliced (keep the green tops aside for garnishing)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, halved lengthways and gently crushed to release the flavour
- 1 red chilli
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- To rehydrate dried mushrooms, place them in a bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for approximately 35 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the prawns, coriander, ginger, garlic and salt.
- Place the stock, garlic, rice wine vinegar, mushrooms, lemongrass, chilli, spring onions, in a heavy-based stockpot. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly.
- In the steamer basket add the prawns, and steam the prawns with the lid on, cooking over the simmering broth in the stockpot.
- Remove the lemongrass and serve the soup garnished with freshly chopped coriander.
Share it with your friends.