Coconut and Jam Slice
Add a sweet note to your meal with this tasty and simple dessert recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 20 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups of raspberry jam
- 3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 3 egg
Preheat oven to 180C
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla to a cream, add beaten egg and then fold through flour until the mixture forms a firm base. Press into a baking-paper lined 28cm x 18cm slice tin.
- Spread the jam thinly over the base.
- Then mix the beaten egg, coconut and sugar together in a bowl until moist and well combined.
- Carefully spread the coconut topping over the jam layer, making sure you take it right to the edges. Press down lightly with a wet hand or the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake in a moderate oven 180°C for 25 mins until golden brown.
- Cool in the tin and then cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.