Coconut and Oat Biscuits with Strawberry Jam
Treat yourself to this sweet and simple snack recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin.
- 55 minutes
- 12 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- Oat Biscuits:
- 120 grams whole rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 100 grams spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon bi-carb soda
- 2-3 tablespoon honey
- 100 grams butter, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 grams fresh or frozen strawberries
- ½ cup granny smith apple, skin on grated, with liquid
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Add water as necessary (optional)
Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the jam, place the strawberries in a saucepan with the grated apple, orange juice and simmer. Add sweetener of choice and stir in chia seeds, whisk until well combined and mixture thickens. Add water as necessary. Allow to cool, set aside.
- Oat Biscuits:
- To make the biscuits, add oats to a food processor, pulse until fine. Add the spelt flour, coconut and bi-carb to the mixture and pulse a few times until combined. Add butter and honey, process mixture until combined and resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg to the mixture and process until mixture comes together, adding a bit of water if necessary.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and knead on a lightly floured bench. Form the dough into a log, wrap in cling wrap, refrigerate until firm, approx. 30-40mins.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, roll dough into balls, place on lined baking tray and flatten with a fork, trying to make each biscuit the same size.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned, set aside to cool.
Take one biscuits, top with a spoonful of jam and press down with a second biscuit.
Share it with your friends.