Coconut Cashew Rice Pudding
Enjoy this quick and easy vegan dessert recipe from Kitchen Treats with Anna Olson.
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 75 grams (½ cup) raw Cashews
- 250 millilitres (1 cup) Coconut milk
- 60 millilitres (¼ cup) Arborio rice
- 45 grams (3 tablespoon) Sugar
- 10 millilitres (2 teaspoons) finely grated Lime zest
- 5 millilitres (1 teaspoon) Vanilla extract
- Fresh berries, toasted coconut shavings, and/or toasted cashews for garnish
- Put the cashews in a blender or food processor with 1 cup of water and puree until smooth (you will not have to strain this)
- Place the cashew milk, coconut milk, rice, sugar and lime zest in a medium saucepot and whisk while bringing it up to a simmer over medium heat. Cover loosely and continue to simmer gently, stirring often, until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Cool the pudding to room temperature and then chill before serving
- Serve the pudding garnished with fresh berries, coconut shavings and/or toasted cashews
Share it with your friends.