Coconut Cream Caramel Pancakes with Banana Brûlée
Get this sweet breakfast recipe by Ann Lian from Family Kitchen with Sherson.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 1 - 2 servings
As seen on Family Kitchen with Sherson
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- ⅛ cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 4 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 large Egg
- Vegetable Oil to oil the pan
- 3 tablespoons Butter (melted)
- Coconut Milk Caramel & Brûlée Bananas:
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup Castoer Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 3 tablespoons / 1 cup Water
- 2 strips screw Pine Leaves (pandan leaves)
- 3 bananas
- 2 tablespoons shaved Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Make buttermilk and allow to sit for 10-15 mins till curdle.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Whisk egg and butter milk together.
- Combine the wet and the dry, then add in the melted butter. Leave to sit for about 10 mins.
- Heat up pan. Oil the pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into the hot pan, allow to cook until bubbles start to form on the topside then flip.
- Cook for another minute then remove from pan and ready to serve.
- Coconut Cream Caramel Pancakes with Banana Brûlée:
- On a heated frying pan, add in butter, cinnamon stick, screw pine leaves and palm sugar.
- Add in 1/8 cup of water and let it simmer for a while when the palm sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the flame and add in the coconut milk with a pinch of salt.
- Slice the bananas and grate some cinnamon sticks & brown sugar on top of the banana.
- Stack up a few pancakes and drizzle the sauce and garnish with the banana.
- Torch the sprinkles on the banana.
Share it with your friends.