Get this quick and easy dessert recipe by Siba Mtongana from Siba's Table.
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 12 servings
As seen on Siba's Table
- 2 large free-range Egg whites
- Pinch cream of Tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons / ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated Coconut
- 80 millilitres / ⅓ cup ground Almonds
- Store bought - Ready made Guava preserve
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixer using the whisk attachment until frothy,
- Then add the cream of tartar and salt. Continue whisking until soft peaks form, then add the sugar, 1 T at a time, until thick and glossy
- Fold in the coconut and ground almonds. Scoop a heaped spoonful and gently shape in your hands into balls (being careful not to squeeze out the air that was incorporated by whisking) then make a small indent in the centre with your forefinger
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from the oven, cool slightly and place on a wire wrack
- If some macaroons are cracked after baking, just push the sides up while still warm to create a more pronounced indentation and shape
- Spoon the preserve filling into the macaroons and lightly dust with icing sugar just before serving
Share it with your friends.