Coconut Muffins with Peanut Butter Frosting
Enjoy this muffin with frosting recipe by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 45 minutes
- 6 servings
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + extra, to dust
- ½ cup shredded coconut +1 tablespoon extra, to decorate
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (used instead of 125 grams butter*)
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 125 grams fresh blueberries
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams peanut butter
- 100 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Line a 6-hole Texas muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and eggs until the sugar has dissolved. Add the oil and buttermilk and mix together. Now fold in the flour, cinnamon, coconut and orange zest and stir to combine. Gently fold through the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture between paper cases, and sprinkle with the extra coconut. Bake muffins for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Set aside in the tin to cool for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Turn muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, place the icing sugar, peanut butter and butter into a mixer bowl and mix on low speed until smooth. Now add the milk and honey and mix again until combined. Place the mixture into a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle. Pipe (or simply spoon) the frosting over the muffins and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon.
Share it with your friends.