Cold Sour Cherry Soup
Get this quick and easy dessert recipe from My Grandmother's Ravioli.
- 10 minutes
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- 8 - 10 servings
- Four 24-ounce jars pitted sour cherries, such as Bende
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 jumbo Egg
- 340 grams sour cream
- Drain the cherries over a bowl and reserve the juice. Set the cherries aside
- Stir together the flour, salt and egg in a small bowl until the mixture becomes a smooth paste. Stir in the sour cream until combined, and then whisk the mixture into the cherry juice until all the lumps are gone
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the cherries. Let the soup cool completely and then refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve cold
Share it with your friends.