Try this this quick and easy salad recipe by Nik Michael Imran from Cooking For Love.
- 10 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- ½ green Cabbage
- ½ purple Cabbage
- 1 red Spanish Onion
- 1 Carrots
- ½ cup Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- 20 grams Parsley, chopped
- Slice green and purple cabbage into quarters and remove cores. Shred finely using a mandolin. Finely slice red Spanish onion with a mandolin and set aside
- Peel carrots and grate using a box grater, creating long shreds
- Transfer cabbage shreds into a big mixing bowl and sprinkle salt and sugar over, mix by hand for 5 minutes to combine ingredients thoroughly This process will pickle and soften the cabbage.
- Place cabbage shreds into a big strainer and rinse under running water, then transfer to a salad spinner to get rid of excess moisture
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and cider vinegar. Season with sugar and black pepper. Whisk until well combined and set aside
- In a salad bowl, mix the green and purple cabbage, red onion and carrots. Add in the salad dressing and gently mix with salad tosser.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley
Share it with your friends.