Whip up this easy to make chicken dish by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 20 minutes
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- 6 servings
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3½ pounds)
- 4 envelopes Italian dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 454 grams white mushrooms, sliced
- Kosher salt
- One 10¾-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 170 grams cream cheese
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the dressing mix.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the chicken and cook undisturbed until well browned, about 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, add the butter to the pan, and cook until the chicken is just golden brown on the reverse side, 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a large baking dish.
- To the skillet, add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Spoon the mushrooms on top of the chicken.
- In a medium saucepan combine the soup, cream cheese and wine. Stir over medium-high heat until well blended and heated through. Pour the sauce over the chicken and mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, 1 hour. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Share it with your friends.