Try this quick and easy cornbread recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 22 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Fresh with Anna Olson
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⅓ cups buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons diced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add oil and peppers and saute 4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and thyme and saute until tender, about 5 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190 °) and grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square pan.
- Whisk buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and lemon juice to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, green onion, coriander, lemon zest, baking soda, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Add to buttermilk mixture and whisk until smooth (batter will be very liquid).
- Stir in cooled pepper mixture and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until top is a light golden brown and cornbread springs back when touched.
- Confetti cornbread is best served warm, but this will keep well for a day in an airtight container.
Share it with your friends.