Corn Fed Chicken Curry, with Coconut, Almonds and Cashews
Spice up your meals with this delicious Indian-inspired chicken curry by Adrian Richardson from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 2 to 4 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1 whole chicken, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large knob ginger
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 10 almonds and 10 cashew nuts, softened in 500 milliliters hot water for 10 minutes until soft
- 5 cardamoms
- 5 cloves
- 2 cinnamon cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 knob fresh turmeric, grated
- 700 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ bunch coriander stems
- Coriander for garnishing
- Yoghurt to serve
- Naan or rice to serve
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and olive oil, and brown the chicken in a hot pan, starting skin side down.
- Blend the softened almonds and cashews with the warm water that they have been soaking in until pureed.
- In another hot pan, sweat the onions, add the turmeric, cinnamon quill, cloves, cardamoms.
- Add the browned chicken into the pan with the onions and spices. Add the almond and cashew mixture, some stock, coriander stems and coconut milk.
- Cook for 1 - 1.5 hour until chicken is tender.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander leaves and serve with yoghurt and naan bread or rice.
Share it with your friends.