Corn & Shrimp Fritters with Cucumber Remoulade
Try this quick and easy corn and shrimp fritter recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- Deep Frying
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- Cucumber Remoulade
- 1 cup finely grated cucumber
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle (or dill pickle relish)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 1½ cups cooked baby shrimp, thawed and drained
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- For remoulade:
- Stir cucumber, sugar and salt and let sit in a strainer over a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out excess liquid, stir in yogurt, capers and dill pickle and chill until ready to serve.
- For fritters:
- Heat oil in a small saute pan over medium heat and add onion.
- Saute onion for 5 minutes until translucent, then add corn and thyme and saute until corn is tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and milk.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Fold in cooled corn mixture, then stir in shrimp.
- Heat enough oil to come up 2-inches in a heavy-bottomed, deep pot to 375°F.
- Drop fritter batter by tablespoonfuls gently into oil and fry until deep golden brown, turning once (about 6 minutes).
- Remove to paper towel to drain and serve warm with remoulade.
Share it with your friends.