Get this quick and easy corn spoonbread recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 38 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on Fresh with Anna Olson
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (thaw, if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 whole large egg
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 6 cup baking dish. Cook bacon in a large sauté pan until crisp, then remove bacon to a paper-towel lined plate, reserving fat in pan. Over medium heat, sauté onions in bacon fat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add corn kernels, thyme, celery salt, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks, whole egg and cream. Stir in cooled corn mixture, cornmeal and reserved bacon
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and place dish into a larger pan, and fill larger pan with hot water, so that it comes almost to the same level as the corn pudding
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, until it no longer jiggles when moved
- Remove pan carefully from water bath and serve
Share it with your friends.