Cornbread Muffins with Baby Shrimp Salad
Try this quick and easy cornbread muffin recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 18 minutes
- 4 servings
- Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Baby Shrimp Salad
- 1 ear corn-on-the-cob, husk removed
- ¾ cup finely diced avocado (about 1)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 454 grams frozen cooked matane baby shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 1+½ tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Cornbread Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease 3 12-cup mini muffin tins.
- Sift cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and celery salt into a bowl. Stir in chives and coriander.
- In a separate bowl, whsk buttermilk and oil. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients; stirring just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 8 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- Baby Shrimp Salad:
- Preheat gas grill to high heat.
- Grill corn until charred lightly on all sides and kernels are bright yellow. Let cool and remove kernels into a bowl.
- Toss all ingredients together and season to taste. The creaminess of the avocado will bind the salad together.
- To serve, cut the top of each muffin and spoon a little shrimp salad in each. Cap with muffin top (optional) and serve.
Share it with your friends.