Couscous Salad with Rare Beef and Herb
A healthy couscous salad by Adam Swanson from Everyday Gourmet
- 18 minutes
- 4 servings
- 2 cups Couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup sultanas
- 3 x 150 grams beef fillet steaks
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup dill, chopped roughly
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 green chilli, sliced finely
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 small zucchini, cut into thin match sticks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Place chicken stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile place Couscous and sultanas into a large bowl. Pour chicken stock over couscous and cover with cling wrap and set aside for 5 mins. Remove cling wrap and using a folk, fluff couscous.
- Cook beef fillets on a very hot griddle pan, for about 2 mins on each side. Remove steaks and place onto a tray and cover for 5 mins allowing meat to rest. Add to couscous, mint, dill, parsley, basil, chilli, cashews and zucchinis. Gently mix together.
- In a small bowl mix together oil and vinegar until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour half the dressing into couscous and mix. Place couscous into a large serving dish. Lay sliced beef over the top and finish with remaining dressing. Season to taste.
Share it with your friends.