Crab and Kale Dip
Savor this creamy seafood recipe by Tiffani Thiessen from Dinner at Tiffani's.
- 20 minutes
- 55 minutes
As seen on Dinner At Tiffani's
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, stemmed, leaves chopped (see Cook's Note)
- 454 grams lump crabmeat, picked over for traces of shell and cartilage
- ¾ cup grated mild white Cheddar
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 170 grams cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup egg-free mayonnaise, such as Vegenaise, or regular mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the kale and 1/4 cup water. When the water boils, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the kale is tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the crabmeat, 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan and the sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooked kale.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Bake until the dip is hot and bubbly and the cheese on top is melted and golden, 35 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- Lacinato kale is also known as Tuscan or dinosaur kale.
Share it with your friends.