A quick and easy side dish recipe by Trisha Yearwood from Trisha's Southern Kitchen
- 10 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 4 servings
- 454 grams baby spinach, washed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- Pinch nutmeg
- In batches, saute the spinach in a large saute pan over high heat until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic; cook until translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the butter and flour; cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil (it will thicken as comes to a boil). Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan, nutmeg and sauteed spinach.
- Serve immediately or hold in a low oven.
Share it with your friends.