Creamy Zucchini and Prawn Pasta
An easy to make pasta dish perfect for quick dinners by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
- 400 grams fettuccini or linguini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red chilli, seed removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 small zucchinis (or 1 large)
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ a punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 12 green prawns, peeled, deveined and diced
- 200 millilitres of cream
- Zest of ½ a lemon
- 6 basil leaves, torn or chiffonade
- Salt and pepper
- For the zucchini, slice very thinly on a mandolin and then cut into julienne or julienne through a disc attachment in a food processor. Alternatively, you can just coarsely grate. Place in a clean tea and squeeze tightly to remove excess water.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- In a large sauté pan over a medium heat add the oil, garlic, chilli, capers and cook for 30 seconds or until the garlic just starts to go golden. Turn the heat up, add the zucchini and cook for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instruction.
- Once the zucchini has softened add the white wine, cherry tomatoes and season. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the prawn meat and gently simmer until the cream thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and once pasta is cooked drain and add to the sauce along with the zest and basil. Toss and serve immediately.
Share it with your friends.