Crème Anglaise with Cream
An easy to made side to your favourite dessert by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 15 minutes
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 800 millilitres milk
- 2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 8 eggs yolks
- 50 grams (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 600 millilitres whipping cream
- Heat the milk with the vanilla beans and scrape seeds in a large sauté pan. Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale. Pour in half of the hot milk, gently whisk to combine, then whisk in the remaining milk. Strain the mixture into a saucepan and over medium heat stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the custards consistency is like pouring cream.
- Pour into a bowl and cool for in the fridge for a few hours.
- Whisk the cream until medium–firm peaks form. Fold through the cold crème Anglaise and serve as a side to your favourite dessert.
Share it with your friends.