Crisp Kale Chips and Cashew Hummus
A recipe for the perfect snack by Daniel Wilson from Everyday Gourmet
- 45 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- Kale chips:
- 4 large kale leaves, stem removed and halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch ground turmeric
- Cashew hummus:
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ clove garlic, microplaned
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Water as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Seas salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the kale chips, preheat oven to 160°C. Place kale in a large bowl then toss with the olive oil. Next toss with the spices, seeds and salt until well coated. Place baking paper onto an oven tray. Bake in the oven until crispy.
- Allow to cool, then season with a little more salt if necessary. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- For the cashew butter, soak the cashew nuts in warm water for 3 hours. Drain and rinse well. Place in a good blender with the rest of the ingredients and blitz until smooth. Add water to get to the consistency you want, then season. Reserve in the fridge until ready to use. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Share it with your friends.