Crispy Banana Fritters with Coconut & Sesame (Kluay Khek)
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this simple Thai dessert recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- Deep Frying
- 20 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 30 servings
- 10 pieces Banana, thin sliced
- 130 grams Rice Flour
- 100 grams Grated Old Coconut
- 160 grams Coconut Cream
- 8 grams Salt
- 50 grams Sugar
- 2 tbs Lime Stone Paste Water (mixed 1 tablespoon paste with 500ml water)
- 50 grams White Sesame Seed
- Rice Bran Oil, for deep frying
- Mix rice flour, sugar and salt together in a clear mixing bowl, gradually add coconut cream, mix by hand until smooth. Add lime stone paste water, sesame seeds and grated coconut, stir well and rest for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the bananas into thin slices, and heat oil at 180°C.
- Coat banana slices with the batter and fry them for 6-8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool and serve when ready.
Share it with your friends.