Crispy Crab Pancakes (Pu Gra Buang)
Get this authentic Thai pancake recipe by Phol Tantasathien.
- 30 minutes
- 2 servings
As seen on At Home With Phol: Thailand
- 100 grams Crab Meat, shredded
- 50 grams Prawns, peeled
- 50 grams Chicken Thigh, skinless
- 2 stalks Coriander Root
- 5 cloves Thai Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon White Peppercorn
- A pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Spring Onion, sliced
- 4 sheets Spring Roll Pastry
- A bunch of Coriander leaves
- Vegetable Oil, for deep fry
- Sweet Plum Sauce, to serve
- Grind coriander root, garlic, white peppercorns and a pinch of salt into paste. Set aside.
- Mix and chop the prawns and chicken thigh pieces together. Add sliced spring onions and chop until well incorporated. Set it aside.
- Mix together the grounded paste, light soy sauce and corn starch in a bowl and then add to the prawn and chicken paste. Mix until well combined. Lastly, add the crab meat and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into two parts, spread a thin layer of the mixture onto a piece of spring roll pastry. Spread coriander leaves on top and cover with another piece of pastry. Use the tip of the knife, poke over the pastry and repeat the same process with another one.
- Heat oil to 160°C, fry the pancakes one at a time in a wok for 1-2 minutes per side. Strain and pat dry with kitchen paper towel. Cut the pancakes into wedges, served with sweet plum sauce.
Share it with your friends.