Crispy Date and Choc Chip Slice
Crispy chocolatey goodness by Trish McKenzie from Everyday Gourmet
- 30 minutes
- 24 servings
- 125 grams butter, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup chopped dates
- 3 cups puffed rice cereal
- ½ cup CADBURY Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 100 grams CADBURY Milk Chocolate Melts, melted and cooled slightly
- COMBINE the butter, sugar and dates in a saucepan and gently heat, stirring occasionally, until butter has melted, sugar has dissolved and dates have softened and partially dissolved.
- COMBINE the butter mixture with the rice cereal and chocolate baking chips. Spoon into a greased and paper lined 28cm x 18cm slice pan (ensure paper extends 5cm above the top of the pan). Press down to level then refrigerate until firm. Store chilled in an airtight container until required.
- DRIZZLE with melted chocolate and allow to set. Cut into pieces and serve at room temperature.
Share it with your friends.