Cuban Pork Sambos
A sandwich for whenever you're hungry by Justine Schofield from Everyday Gourmet
- 60 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 800 grams pieces of pork belly, skin scored
- 1 teaspoon allSpice
- 30 grams butter melted to the noisette stage
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 4 slices of ham
- 4 dill pickles, sliced
- 4 tablespoons American-style yellow mustard
- 4 crusty bread rolls (similar to the ones you can find a Vietnamese hot bread shop)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Put the pork into a baking dish and rub with oil and season with salt and allspice. Cook the pork for 10 minutes and then turn the oven to 170°C and cook for a further 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool down for 15-20 minutes before carving into thin slices.
- Cut the bread rolls in half horizontally ensuring not to cut all the way through. Brush roll with butter and then lay cheese on one side of the roll. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has just melted. Now spread with the mustard. Lay a few pieces pork inside the roll, along with the ham and pickles.
Share it with your friends.