Curry Spiced Creamy Lobster Pasta
Savor this quick and easy seafood pasta recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking for Love.
- 15 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 4 to 6 servings
As seen on Cooking for Love
- 4 Lobster Tails, halved lengthwise
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- 60 grams Unsalted Butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 6 cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 large Yellow Onion, peeled and chopped
- 385 grams Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 200 milliliters Water
- 280 milliliters Cooking or Double Cream
- 500 grams Spaghetti (or other pasta)
- 1 teaspoon Dried Red Chili Flakes (optional)
- A handful Basil Leaves, finely julienned
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil
- First preheat the oven, adjusting the grilling function to the hottest setting. Make the curry butter, by mixing the melted butter with 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of curry powder and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Brush the halved lobster tails all over with the curry butter, then place shell side up on a lined baking tray. Grill for 2-3 minutes until the shell turns red.
- Flip the lobster halves over and spoon the remaining curry butter liberally onto the flesh side. Return to the oven and grill for another 2-3 minutes, till just cooked.
- Remove the meat from half of the lobster tails. Use a fork to pry the meat away from the shells, and cut the meat into large chunks.
- Next, make the pasta sauce. First, heat up NeuVida Omega 9 Cooking Oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the curry leaves and fry until crispy. Remove the curry leaves from the oil and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Pour away some oil, until you have around 2 tablespoons left in the pan.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat, then sauté chopped onion and remaining chopped garlic, frying until the onion is translucent. Add the remaining curry powder and red chilli flakes (if using).
- Next, add tomato puree, water, tomato paste, salt and sugar. Lower the heat, stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta in a pot of salted water, while continuously stirring to ensure the pasta does not stick together.
- Transfer cooked pasta into the sauce pan with a ladleful of pasta water. Let the pasta cook in the sauce for 1-2 minutes, until perfectly cooked.
- Then stir in the lobster chunks and add the double cream. Toss to thicken. Stir in the lobster chunks.
- Adjust taste by seasoning with sugar, salt and black pepper, and stir in the julienned basil.
- Serve the pasta topped with the grilled lobster halves, and garnish with crispy curry leaves.
Share it with your friends.