Dan Dan Noodles
Spice up your meals with this easy Szechuan noodle recipe.
- 30 minutes
- 40 minutes
- 4 servings
- 300 grams Longevity noodles, cooked
- 1 stalk Spring onions, chopped for garnish
- 60 grams Salted peanuts, crushed
- Soup base ingredients:
- 1 litre Chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Chinese sesame paste
- 25 millilitres Szechuan chili oil or as desired
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Meat topping ingredients:
- ½ packet Preserved Szechuan vegetables, chopped
- 100 grams Ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Light soy sauce
- 30 millilitres Vegetable oil
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil over high heat and cook noodles until just done, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until cool, then shake well to remove water.
- In a separate saucepan, add in chicken stock, minced garlic, Szechuan chili oil, sesame paste, light soy sauce, sugar and salt. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry preserved vegetables until fragrant, then dish out and set it aside.
- In the same wok, add more oil, followed by garlic, ginger, chicken and chili powder, stri frying until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Heat up the stock and pour over noodles, spoon on the meat topping. Garnish with preserved vegetables, spring onions and salted peanuts.
Share it with your friends.