Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Here's a perfect treat to give to your loved ones by Rosie Mansfield from Everyday Gourmet
- 10 minutes
- 30 minutes
- 10 servings
As seen on Everyday Gourmet
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- 300 grams dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- Cut avocado and scoop out flesh. Mash until there are no more chunks using a fork, electric hand mixer or food processor.
- Take ½ cup of chocolate chips and roughly chop into small bits. Set aside.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. The best way to do this without burning the chocolate is microwaving in 10 second intervals and then stirring, and repeat until completely melted.
- Scoop avocado mixture into the bowl with melted chocolate and mix until well-blended. Stir in the chocolate chip bits.
- Refrigerate the chocolate-avocado mixture for an hour (Alternatively, stick in freezer for 15 mins).
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your palms. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. With the cacao powder on a separate plate, roll the balls into the cacao powder until completely covered.
Share it with your friends.