Date Raisin Loaf
Get this quick and easy date raisin loaf recipe from Fresh with Anna Olson.
- 15 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 2 servings
- 1½ cups chopped pitted dates 375 mL
- ¾ cup orange juice 190 mL
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour 440 mL
- ½ cup sugar 125 mL
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 5 mL
- ½ teaspoon baking powder 2 mL
- ¼ teaspoon salt 1 mL
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves 1 mL
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil 60 mL
- ¾ cup golden raisins 190 mL
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease an 8 1/2-x-4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Bring dates and orange juice up to a simmer. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, sift flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and oil. Add egg mixture and dates to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in raisins.
- Scrape into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
Share it with your friends.