Dinuguan (own version)
Try this quick and easy pork stew recipe by Bruce Lim from Tablescapes.
- 10 minutes
- 50 minutes
- 4 servings
- 1 kilogram Pork Liempo (Pork belly)
- 1 can Black beans
- 1 cup Blood
- ¼ cup Vinegar
- 1 chopped Red onion
- 4 cloves chopped Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 3 stalks Green onions
- Add water to the pan and boil it, then cut the pork remove the fat portion from the meat then slice it and put on boiling water so that it will render out the fat then simmer for 10 minutes
- While waiting for it, cut pork meat into small pieces
- In a bowl put garlic, onions and black beans then put the pork to your mixture season with pepper and marinate for 5 minutes.
- In a steamer cook the marinated pork for about 15 minutes. But if you don't have a steamer you can use a pan just make sure you have a temperature proof plate and you can also use the can of the black bean that you used Just put water to the pan then put the can in the center and put the bowl over and cover it
- After 10 minutes of simmering the fat and the water all dried up add a little bit of oil and start frying it until it becomes crispy then put it on a plate
- On the other pan put a little oil then sauté garlic and onions then add the blood which is pre-mix with vinegar and stir season with salt. Turn off the heat when it is cooked
- After 15 minutes of steaming check out the pork as you can see the oil comes out and the flavour has developed
- Finally topped it with the blood and to add the crunchy texture add the fried chicharon or the fat portion of the pork that you fried. And garnish it with onion chives
Share it with your friends.