Durian Chocolate Cupcake
Enjoy this quick and easy cupcake recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Cooking For Love.
- 20 minutes
- 20 minutes
- 20 servings
- 330 grams Top Flour or Cake Flour
- 320 grams Caster Sugar
- 1½ tablespoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 175 grams unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 3 Eggs
- 190 millilitres Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 300 grams Durian pulp, blended
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 250 grams Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- 200 millilitres Double Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan mode or 200°C normal mode
- With a hand mixer; combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and beat together at low speed for 1 minute
- On low speed, gradually add cubed butter and mix until the texture is similar to damp sand.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with milk and vanilla extract until mixture is well combined. Pour the mixture into the stand mixer bowl and continue to beat at low speed. Scrape down the bowl at least once to ensure all ingredients are well mixed. Once combined, turn the speed up to high and beat for 1-2 minutes until the mixture appears lighter in color
- Place cupcake cases into cupcake tray
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases using a cookie or ice-scream scoop, filling each one up ⅔ of the way. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. If baking two cupcake trays, rotate the trays between the lower and upper sections halfway through
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, and pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth
- Chill this mixture in the fridge for at least 15-30 minutes, until it’s cold all the way through.
- When chilled, use an electric whisk to whip the chocolate ganache until light and fluffy and reaches the consistency of butter cream frosting.
- Transfer the durian pulp for the filling into a piping bag. Using a small knife or apple corer, cut little holes out of the center of each cupcake and fill with durian filling
- In a separate piping bag, fill with chocolate ganache and pipe on top of the cupcake, spread generously on top of each cupcake. Serve!
Share it with your friends.