Earl Grey Baby Bun Cookies
Try this quick and easy cookie recipe by Sarah Benjamin from Simply Special.
- 20 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 80 servings
As seen on Simply Special
- 1 large Egg yolk
- 120 grams Potato starch, sieved
- 3 tablespoons caster Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Full cream milk powder
- The leaves from 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk and the sugar together until it looks fluffy and pale. This takes about 2 minutes using an electric whisk, and slightly longer with a handheld one
- Whisk in the milk powder
- Next, using a spatula, stir the potato starch into the egg yolk mixture in two batches. It starts getting quite stiff, so use your hands to mix it all together if you need to
- If the mixture isn’t quite coming together, slowly add up to 1 tablespoon – bit by bit! – until it just comes together
- Using your hands, knead in the tea leaves until they are evenly distributed
- Pluck off a small piece of dough, roll it into a ball, and then roll into a long, 1-2cm wide tube.
- Cut into 1-2cm sections, and roll each of those sections into a small ball. Place on a lined baking tray. When you’ve filled your baking tray, bake each batch for 10-14 minutes, until the cookies are lightly golden brown. It’s best to start checking early, as you really don’t want to overbake them
- Let the cookies cool, and then serve!
Share it with your friends.