Easy Prawn San Choy Bao
Serve up this quick and healthy prawn recipe by Zoe Bingley-Pullin from Good Chef Bad Chef.
- 15 minutes
- 4 servings
- 250 grams prawns, shelled & deveined, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 centimeter knob ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- ¼ b coriander, washed, finely chopped, incl stems
- ¼ bunch mint, chopped
- ½ avocado, pip removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, as cups
- Marinate the prawns in a bowl with sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chilli. In a large pan, cook the prawns for about 5 mins. Leave to cool.
- Once cooled, roughly chop them in a large bowl with the avocado, coriander and mint, and mix through.
- Serve in a lettuce cup with a couple of spoonfuls of the prawn mixture topped with the chopped cashews and a squeeze of lime.
- Note: Can use scallops in place of prawns if preferred.
Share it with your friends.