Egg Drop Soup with Vermicelli Noodles
Enjoy this quick and easy Chinese-inspired noodle recipe by Adrian Richardson.
- 20 minutes
- 4 servings
As seen on Good Chef Bad Chef
- 1 chicken breast, sliced evenly
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of white pepper
- ¾ cup of king brown mushrooms, enoki, oyster or sliced shitaki mushrooms
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 1 packet Vermicelli Noodles
- Make cornstarch slurry: Reserve ½ cup of the stock and mix with the cornstarch until dissolved.
- Place the chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce, green onions, mushrooms and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the cornflour and stock mixture and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir in beaten eggs: Slowly pour in the beaten eggs while stirring the soup. The egg will spread out into ribbons. Turn off the heat and garnish with a few more chopped green onions. Serve immediately.
Share it with your friends.